Tuesday, March 18, 2003

This impending war reminds me of email correspondence a friend and I had after 9/11. She for retaliation, me not. Here are a few select lines from one email she sent me.

and for the grand finale--------i think we should drop an atomic bomb on Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan!! yep that’s what i have become because i have 12 nephews and 3 nieces and i don’t want them to have to live like my grandfather did in Ireland!
my nephew Brian----us navy seal----you met him----and he will be in Afghanistan and you spit on him. my very dear friend is
there as we speak doing his fucking job and you spit at him!
you going do what they did in haight in the 60's when soldiers came home?
scream baby killer!!

As I tried to explain to her then, I am not wishing for death and destruction, I want no lives to be lost..therefore, I am against WAR.

I think this is the exact reason that the percentages have shifted in favor of Bush's war- as more relatives and loved ones get sent over, people believe that the only way to show support to these people is to be in favor of this war.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home