Friday, October 22, 2004

The saga continues….

Remember the friend I loaned $500 to, so that he could put it down on a studio apartment?
Well, I spoke to him last night- I called him- to find out when he was moving and how things were going. He told me he changed his mind- he didn’t like that studio that he put the money down for- and he took back my check. Hmmmm…something you think you’d TELL the person who wrote the check- like- hey, you know that $500- it’s not going to be removed from your account…I guess he thinks I have so much money-I wouldn’t even notice the $500 bucks…
Apparently he saw a studio apartment that he likes more than the one he originally put my money down on.
Then he says- but there’s a catch.
He tells me because of his bankruptcy, he needs someone to CO-SIGN for him. And he’s asking me.
I laugh and say- does this mean I will have rights to your apartment and get to sleep there whenever I want? I also say- well, I have been working hard for it- and I have great credit.
Then I tell him to call me later so we can further discuss.
I’ve been further discussing this with myself- and I think this is a BAD idea.
First- the guy hasn’t learned to be responsible with his finances- we can clearly see that from his bankruptcy.
Second- the guy doesn’t seem to have any shame- if he wants something- he has no qualms about asking someone for it- or to give him money so he can have it. He's the kind of person who will ask you for money to pay for bills- and then go out and spend $50 bucks on a haircut. Clearly he has not learned that sometimes in life- you have to compromise.
Third- I don’t even make enough money to live by myself- and I would be responsible for HIS rent if he can’t pay it!
Fourth- repeat number three over and over and over again….



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home