Saturday, June 25, 2005

During my wait to attend the Dyke rally, I conversed with to gay men friends of mine. They upset me so.
Why do men feel so exepmt- so special- like they are the "bells" of the party- always?
It makes no sense to me. I was not raised with this expectation of allowance. I was made to know my place- and where I was not welcome. Men apparently believe they are welcome everywhere...and if they are not- something is wrong with the people who think they are not.
I got that today.
I got a friend telling me I was mentally ill because of my views on women and men.
Odd.
I find myself more and more educated on this matter...
Why do men dislike things they are excluded from? Do they not realize we as women are excluded from many more things than them- simply due to sex?
The Dyke march is to support women everywhere- to support women in their everyday struggle for acceptance- do men understand this? I think not.
I have struggled my entire life for acceptance- every. single. day. and still not gotten it. They have no idea.
no idea.
and they feel excluded.
I say- fuck you dudes- look at your PRIDE celebration and how much larger that is than the dyke march- why don't you jack off to that- cause you made it bigger- makes you Proud, huh?
Men will never know the experience of women- expeically that of the dyke.
my life will always be trying to get by without some MAN being offended by me enough to try to hurt me because his girlfriend may find me more approchable then he.
Women fight for each breath of air.
while men think they are entitled to fill their lungs....

2 Comments:

Blogger jefe said...

true dat

7:48 PM  
Blogger ms. jared said...

that's what i was thinking too! there were so many more men at the rally this year than i ever remember. and there were a bunch of them marching with us too. and of course they were big ol' queens making a spectacle of themselves and trying to draw attention to themselves.

and there were several pervy old guys walking around with video cameras and taking pictures of all the naked girls. it was really bugging me and making me puke! gross! no wonder they're not welcome!

men. they're so oppressed...
xoxo, jared

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home