Friday, March 31, 2006

I guess part of my recent "fear" is that I realize I keep moving towards myself, towards rights and beliefs I have, and perhaps further from what my family believes. I know outside of my mother who is no longer on Earth and recent feelings from my sister, my rights are not important enough to fight for. I realize my family, extended family feels this way, and I myself keep moving forward, not backward to support their beliefs. The most difficult is my father. He is against LGBT folk (but he loves me...) and immmigants...and I don't hold his thoughts true. I move forward again, towards myself, away from family- but more towards a family of choice.

1 Comments:

Blogger ms. jared said...

sometimes it's all we can do. our chosen families are just as valuable and necessary as our born into families. (or however we refer to them.)

i love you and i've got your back and you've got lots of chosen family moving in the same direction as you.

as long as we knw we're all in this together it makes it a little easier to cope.

love you!
xoxo, jared

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home