Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Sunday, at band practice I found out that my band mates had discussed the possibility of playing a show without me. Not Really "without" me, but without "me". You see, we had been asked to play a show on Saturday, which just happens to be every lesbian and dykes Christmas day; better known as the Dyke March. There was no way in hell I would tear myself away from Thousands of women to play my drums. Don’t’ get me wrong, I LOVE playing, but the only way I would be playing on that day would be if I were up on the Dyke March stage itself! I informed my band mates of such, and thought it was an agreed upon understanding. That we, the band, would not be playing on that day (however I’d love to schedule another show on another day). After being in the rehearsal space, practicing for about an hour, we went outside to get some fresh air. Me, being the only member sweating. Then I was told that there had been an attempt made to replace me (ME!! I AM that band!!) for the Sat. show. I was in shock. HOW could they even think of doing that????? Do they feel that because I am the drummer, and sit behind them, that I can easily be replaced??? ). After hearing this information, I was informed that it was not an attempt to replace me, it was just an attempt to have someone fill in for me because I was unavailable. Semantics….sometimes they work…sometimes not.-this was a definite NOT time! Before I could formulate the words “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL THINKING???!!”-“DON'T YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT ME??!!!”- I was told that their attempts at locating another drummer were unsuccessful. I am still in shock that this attempt-or thought was even made.
I mean who wants to see Motley Crue without Tommy Lee??
Rush without Neil Pert?
KISS without Peter?
N-Judas without Boo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home