Monday, August 12, 2002

Friday night, after my very hot sweaty and tiring drum performance, I was “scouted” by two girls in the audience. Ok….maybe not really “scouted”…but I had been corresponding with one regarding playing drums in their all female band, and she and the guitarist came to the show to check me out.
I mean, listen to how I play, and judge me.
The introduced themselves, and told me that I was exactly what they were looking for. That was pretty nice to hear…even though I was all sweaty and just wanted to lie down on the dirty Kimo’s floor.
They are supposed to be in touch, to set up a time for us all to play together. I think that will be cool…however, I really think these girls BELIEVE they can make a living off of playing music…or rather tour for their music. They mentioned that their boy-friends were in bands that were touring and that are what they would like to do. Ummm…. I, myself don’t feel that a bar-band is a very lucrative way to make a living…in fact I think just the opposite. Plus, could you imagine being on a tour bus- or a VW Bus with 6 or 7 people..touring…??
I’m sorry, but I don’t think this is a “career” move for me; I just want to play and have fun.
Should I tell these girls up front that I do not have the same future ambition as they do, and just wish them luck in their continued search for a drummer???


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home