Monday, September 30, 2002

So, we found out today who would be layed off, and who's hours here at The Center would be reduced.

There was one position eliminated, and four others that went down to 30 hours a week.

My position was not eliminated, and my hours were not cut. I guess I am one of the "lucky" ones, however, it's hard to feel good when others are feeling bad. The women who's position was eliminated is the one person I was most concerned about, as she has kids. She was not in the staff meeting when we found out, but after came around saying goodbye. It was difficult, as she was crying, but trying to be hopeful about this opportunity. I told her to keep me informed of what she is up to, and if there is anything, anyway I can help her to let me know. She appreciated that, and said she would see me tomorrow....as she is taking the free ASL class here at The Center.

I wonder if these cutbacks are enough to sustain this place...or if they are only a band-aid to a fatal injury.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home