Saturday, November 16, 2002

My girlfriend and I watched a video of sandra cisneros in conversation with Dorothy Allison. While I did enjoy Sandra, I found myself more drawn to Dorothy. I suppose she just has that effect on me. I saw Dorothy "in conversation" at the library a few years ago after Cavedweller was released (although I much prefer "Trash" and "Skin"). I totally fell in love with this woman. She is brilliant, powerful, sexual and seems to have thought about everything already, so she does not strugle for answers to questions that are posed to her. After her show, a friend and I had an opportunity to actaully speak with her regarding writting. She was very kind and supportive and offered suggestions for my friend, the writer. Standing next to Dorothy, you feel anything is possible...she has that kind of energy.
I saw her again a couple years later after she spoke at the Dyke March. She and her partner were walking down the street comming towards me and my friend. I was so excited, I said hello to her, asked about her son, then asked her for a hug. She gave me one.
I love this woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home