Monday, February 17, 2003

My girlfriend and I watched this film yesterday. We were not fully aware of what we were in for…
First, the photography and animation had me captured…did they actually film this movie prior to adding animation?? Yes, they did.
Second the dialogue. Listening to each of these characters discuss their theories on life, death, mankind, dream-life, and waking-life was intoxicating.

Watching this picture wore me out as there was so much information being transmitted, but at the very same time, I was exhilarated by it. This is a film that must be seen again and again in order to fully comprehend some of the ideas that were being conveyed….

“Actually, there's only one instant, and it's right now, and it's eternity. And, it's an instant in which God is posing a question, and that question is basically, "Do you wanna be one with eternity, do you want to be in heaven?" And, we're all saying, "Nooo thank you, not just yet." And so time, is actually just this constant saying "No" to God's invitation. I mean, that's what time is. It's no more 50 A.D. than it's 2001. There's just this one instant, and that's what we're always in. And then she tells me that actually, this is the narrative of everyone's life. Behind the phenomenal difference there is but one story, and that's the story of moving from the "No" to the "Yes." All of life is like, "No thank you, No thank you, No thank you." And then, ultimately, it's, "Yes I give in, Yes I accept, Yes I embrace." I mean, that's the journey. Everyone gets to the "Yes" in the end, right?”

If you have not seen this film, I HIGHLY recommend it…it will have you thinking for days….



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home