Wednesday, July 30, 2003

I spoke to my mom today. She is becoming depressed and it seems more and more afraid of her disease.
The radiation treatment she undergoes each day is depleting her energy level and is frightening. She spoke of attempting to locate a support group, so that she may be able to communicate with people going thru the same experience she is. I feel she knows the value in that, but it scares her at the same time. She mentioned people calling her to see how she’s doing, checking in with her, talking about how they have known someone with cancer and sympathizing with my mom. My mom gets even more frightened by the stories she hears.
I asked her if she would be interested in support groups online- if she would be willing to learn the computer in order to go into chat-rooms; she said yes. I could hear the fright and loneliness she feels…and the uncertainty of her future.

I pray and pray that the radiation and chemotherapy treatment she will start on August 5 work for her, and kill off the cancer in her body.
I pray my mom will be diagnosed cancer-free in three years.
I pray my mom will live for many, many, many years to come in a cancer-free, pain-free body.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home