Thursday, November 13, 2003

I almost got stuck in the elevator with Gavin, but I laid on that close door button and made my escape!

I was in the elevator with the woman from Rocket Dog Rescue, taking her on a tour of our facility, discussing options for her "Bark for Art" event. She grinned as I anxiously held onto that close door button -muttering PLEASE DON'T LET GAVIN GET IN THE ELEVATOR WITH US!!!

I showed her around the room on the second floor...while she spoke of her organization and how she has no funding and she does this out of the goodness of her heart, I thought about what was going on up on the fourth floor...

After the tour, I was walking thru the lobby area of the building...and who do I see???!!!
Phyllis and Del right there a few steps away from me!
I ran upstairs to grab my camera so that I could get my picture taken with these two amazing women...but when I got downstairs...they were gone...

The saddest part about seeing my hero's is that Del was holding a sign in her hand that said "NEWSOM."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home