Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Today is the day.
I stop procrastinating…stop trying to avoid it…I have a mental block against depositing my mother’s life insurance checks…

I called the Funeral Home in Lima, Ohio to let them know that I would be sending payment for my mothers viewing, service and burial.
I spoke to Jean, who was the woman with whom my sister and I dealt…discussing the requirements for our mother’s funeral. She was kind, as she always has been, and asked how I was doing…alright I said…my voice cracking (it’s still so sad for me to talk about most of the time...). She then asked how my sister was doing. I told her it was a little more difficult for my sister, as she was my mom’s best friend and because they lived together. She said she knew that my sister and I were strong people, but that it would take time. In time we would learn to manage again.
I thanked her for all of her support and assistance in providing my mother with a beautiful service and hung up the phone.
Now I write out the check and mail it.

Later today, I will go to my bank and deposit the two checks from my mother’s life Insurance policies.

Helen J. McCrea.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home