Monday, August 19, 2002

I have agreed to play drums at the Oakland Pride Fair with the band I used to play with, Glamtastic. Only, they are not the same band I used to play with, for they are now called Glamicide. They do (as you could have guessed) Glam-cover songs. I never really got into the glam- as I mentioned before in another posting (how glam an I….not VERY!), however, I do like these boys, AND they told me that they needed a drummer for the Pride Fair. I wonder…how does a band get a gig- at a Pride event (mind you, we…ummm…they played the Oakland Pride gig last year) without even having a drummer? I was told that the people in charge of finding bands for the Pride event got in touch with my old bandmates. Wow. Is it that hard to find people who want to play at this thing? It IS on August 31st, Labor Day weekend…so maybe a lot of musicians will be out of town…
Anyway, so I am going to play at the fair- I understand we go on at 2:45p.
I have TWO practices with these people before the “big show”…hopefully…I’ll be able to get the songs down, because I might just choose to “air-drum” at the Fair.

What it is about me that these “Glam-bands” want me to play drums with them. I mean, come on- I haven’t worn my platform boots in years!

I wonder if Green Day will jump onstage and play with us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home