Tuesday, September 17, 2002

So….we had our staff meeting.
There will be changes within the next week and a half. Changes that affect staff…or I suppose on that day, those that WERE staff.
Lay-offs have been pretty much promised. But Management states that they do not yet know whom…or rather, what positions.
The hours for the building will also be adjusted, in order to cut cost on staff fees.
This will start the beginning of October…along with the staff “reduction”.

I have only been employed here for about 5 months, and still have not yet implemented myself and my roll here. Other than the Room Rentals, I think I am Highly expendable.

We have all come together, had a meeting of staff, discussed how committed to this venture we are, and if we would be willing to take cuts in hours. As an example, work 20 hours a week rather than 40.

There are some people here at The Center who come from Non-profit backgrounds. They have not gone out into the Corporate world...ever. Some people, whom I feel may be effected by this change in hours have family. Like KIDS to support. One person mentioned that she has two kids, and no savings..and unemployment will NOT even cover her rent. Another co-workers partner has not been doing well health-wise for some months now. They NEED the health insurance.
I'm not sure that I will even have a job, as the ED has been doing his own work now for about a week now as I have been covering for someone else. But, I feel as if it comes down to me or them...I think I"ll give it to them. I feel that they may need it more than I do right now.

Guess that means that I WILL be unemployed in a matter of days now.....

No more COLA for me.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home