Friday, October 25, 2002

Last night my girls rocked as hard as they usually do. They never fail to impress me with their speed, tightness and presence.
As an added bonus, they played a few new songs- and were just as tight on those as the older songs they’ve been playing for years. Truly impressive!
During the show, the singer announced that it was the drummer Sally’s birthday. I love Sally, as I have seen few women drummers as great as she is!
I had a conversation with the singer after one of their shows…talked about their tour schedule and how little money they make on the selling of their cds. I told her how much I love Sally..I tried to do it in a “professional manor” and explained that I was a drummer too. She was cool and didn’t let on if she thought I was crazy... now each time I see her she says hello to me.
I wanted to wish Sally a happy birthday…and after much hesitation…I finally worked up my nerve to do so. You see, I was hesitant because of the interaction I had with her after a previous show. I went up to her behind the drums and told her how great I thought she was…and she said…”you must be Boo”.
When I wished her happy birthday last night, she said thanks…and then said “I remember you”….
Yeah…your friendly obsessed stalker Boo here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home