Thursday, December 12, 2002

I was talking to someone I know about local bands, and I asked if she liked a particular band. She said yes. I told her that while I thought they were talented, I felt their songs tended to drag on too long, and the singers whinny voice could become quite annoying.
She then told me that that she is friends with the band and is therefore bias about their music.

Yuck.

I do not want my friends telling me my silly cover bands are good just because they know me. I, myself know a lot of musicians and I do not like all of their music. I am supportive and appreciate the talent and commitment to their craft, however I am not obligated to like what they create.

On the subject, these guys called me to play with them again. They are still trying to convert me to their Glam-ways…



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home