Wednesday, January 15, 2003

One of my first "real life" inspirations for playing drums was this person. My sister dated him for a while and has pictures of his first band playing during "high school" age.
I had met him a couple times, saw him play, thought he was cute as shit, and a great drummer.
I was soon to discover just how great he really was.
I skipped class one day to watch our high school band play outside...Tom being the drummer...the band played a lot of jazz numbers and during one segment all instruments stopped..except Tom. He played, but not on the heads of the drums. He went around the rims of each drum making a beautiful rhythmic sound..he actually stood up..went AROUND the front of his drums playing on the rims!! I was Amazed..and in love with his abilities! I have NEVER seen anyone do this since!
I am lucky these days that he and I correspond over email about his musical projects (he has his own band and does music for Dwasons Creek and BUFFY) and about ways I can improve my sound.

Sometimes I'm a very lucky girl indeed...
now, If only Tommy Lee would email me back...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home