Wednesday, May 28, 2003

My girlfriend and I watched “Dancer in the Dark” over the weekend. I had heard about the film for sometime and generally knew the premise, but nothing can compare a person for this film. First, I was amazed at the cinematography…the bleak reality, and then colorful life musicals. Bjork is an amazing singer who utilizes her voice as it’s own unique and full instrument. She places accents on words which create new words thru her pronunciation. She is hypnotic.
Secondly, the storyline wonderfully sad with underlying love flowing from most of the characters. Bjork is a great actress who can captrue extreme pain to extreme pleasure with a gleem in her eye.
This film pulls you in, grabs hold of your heart and continues to squeeze it for the duration of the film, until the last two minutes; then it is pulled from your body and run over by a Mack truck.

What a beautiful woman Selma was.

After seeing this film, I am even more excited now that my girlfriend and I purchased tickets to see Bjork live!
(The ticket(s) you ordered for BJORK playing on Aug 8, 2003, have been printed! They will be shipped to you shortly via US Mail).

We will see Selma once more…





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home