Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Along with some good news, comes some bad....
The email I recieved from my sister today:

Hey Boo -
Well Mom's appt did not go as well as we expected. They were not able to do a wound vac as Mom's health insurance had not approved it by then. When the nurse called Anthem to find out what was going on, they claimed they never received the paperwork. The nurse had to refax the paperwork and said she'd follow up later today to make sure they got it. It could be another 1-2 weeks before the approval comes thru. They also said they don't know that it will heal by Christmas for Mom to restart chemo and they can't do chemo until it heals. Part of the problem is that Mom won't eat enough stuff with protein in it. She and I got into it at the clinic about that. She insists that she's eating enough. I told her that all she mostly eats is carbs.
Mom also has lymphedema which is causing the swelling in her arms and face.
Mom just now got a phone call that I listened to about the wound vac and her med ins will only pay $1775 of the $5100 it costs for the vac. They also told her she'd have to put down $500 before they'd even do it. Mom is in tears and I just don't know what to do anymore.
I have to go.
Sandi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home