Thursday, May 13, 2004

I am becoming quite anxious about my upcoming trip to Virginia and Ohio. I have been having many dreams about my mom. a recent one I see so clearly in my head: I was at my sisters house, walked into my mom’s room and her body was laying on the bed- suddenly she “woke-up” - sat up in bed looked at me and reached her hand out to me and told me she was cold….I wasn’t scared or anything…just a bit confused…I repeated that she was cold and called to my sister to come upstairs right away. While waiting for my sister- I was approaching my mom and she started smiling- but her body was decomposing so her teeth were HUGE as her gums had reseeded and there was black all around the gum area. My sister came in the room and we were holding my moms hand- asking why she came back: she said –“everyone was wrong- I really love people and that’s why I wanted to come back” –then my sister and I asked her how she left- but I woke up at that point. I mainly remember being so concerned and feeling sorry for my mom- because I knew others would not be comfortable and accepting of her while her body looked the way it did- and in fact people would be afraid of her because of what she looked like…

I’ve thought about this dream a lot…and as “they” say dreams can be reflections of ourselves, I feel this dream may be about me- and how I am concerned about me being “accepted” by my family in Ohio. When my sister and I were there for my mother’s funeral, I felt I was somewhat excepted…well, not accepted- but shown support in regards to the loss of my mother- but no one talked to me about myself- or even came CLOSE to asking if I was dating anyone. I AM discriminated against by my Catholic Republican relatives in Ohio…
But I plan on attempting to make a change to that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home