Sunday, August 25, 2002

Saturday Jared and I had transgender sensitivity training. I have always been in fascination and admiration by “trans-folk”. I still contend that going thru gender reassignment must be one of the most difficult things any person can go thru. And most likely, one of the most soul-satisfying. If you are lucky.

In our class, one of our facilitators, an FTM, spoke of his harassment, and how people on the bus- right in front of him would ask each other “what do you think IT is??!!” He stated that after his surgery, he finally felt comfortable. No longer is he depressed and in fear. He finally is projecting the image he has of himself on the inside- out.

I wish I could project the image of myself on people. At times I feel very "gender-less" in this society of "black and white, girl and boy"...

I am something in between.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home