Monday, September 09, 2002

I’m having “issues” with my roommates again. Oh, I know- when have they ever ended??!!
Anyway, I suppose the “issues” I have get more intense when I actually SEE them, and see what they Don’t Do all day.
The (idiot) girl roommate, and her (idiot) boyfriend roommate went away to Burning Man for the whole week- Last week, and my house is STILL a disaster area! There are crates of crap that they brought to the desert, and now apparently they don’t’ know what to do with it all, so it sits lined up down the hallway. Now, I understand that sometimes it takes a little while to unpack from a trip…but they are unemployed, and do NOTHING all day (but validate each other, as I’ve mentioned before). They have had MORE than enough time to clear that crap out of the hallway. But they make no effort..for that in itself would entail “work”.
Maybe I am more sensitive to it now because my girlfriend came over and saw it. It is very embarrassing for me, even when I try to play like I don’t care- whatever, it’s the idiot roommates, it’s not my shit. But I live in it, and it makes me feel like a lazy slob too. Perhaps this is one of the reasons I rarely leave my room when I am at home- I don’t’ want to see the lazy unemployed slobs doing nothing, and the mess they create doing it.
Again, I find nothing redeeming about them. And my girlfriend noticed, (because you can hear what’s going in the kitchen and living room if I don’t have any electronics running, and they are ALWAYS in the kitchen or living room), that they talk A LOT. As if they talk just to hear themselves. At times, she tends to talk over her boyfriend. I have experienced this and realized she isn’t listening, so there is no point in talking to her.
I think the main thing that irritates me is that they are “vacationing”. I know at least she has not worked for two years now, and she isn’t even looking to end that.
Maybe I’m just jealous, because I wish that I could do nothing all day, and feel like a valuable person… also it’s so beautiful outside…and I have to be here at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home