Monday, October 14, 2002

I've been looking around on Craigslist for places to live. For me, and for my girlfriend. I am amazed at what some people say regarding the house situation. It's already established, and if you can not fit into what they want...they don't want you. What about some type of compromise? Dont people have to do that in order to live together..especially when you talk about more than three people. I mean, Hell, I compromise myself all the time for my (idiot) roomates...but maybe I'm dummer than they...
I just want to respond to most of the adds and say that my check is in the mail, but as requested, I will not be there, or ever show my face.
It's just that they can not afford the place themselves and they want a check each month..for example this blurb from one add I read:
"If you are an overworked person in a relationship and therefore remain largely invisible to your fellow-tenants, but are nonetheless famed for always putting down the rent on time, you're already in the running: come and talk to us".
Basically, give us money to pay for our rent..but don't even THINK you really live here.

It's a fucked up city we live in that we live together and just care about the others financial ability.
I admit, I'm in that situation...I don't care for my roomates, but cannot afford to go anywhere else...and I don't want to "fit into" someone elses home.

There's always something to complain about I suppose...
Like today, walking home from work at 7:30p.m. thinking..it's nice outside..cool..but nice...
Coming home to find the (idiot) roomates that do not work all day, felt it was cold and turned on the heat.

I don't work hard for the money to keep your ass warm and cozy at home all day!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home