Friday, February 28, 2003

I documented an experience I had at work on Thursday, August 29, 2002 on this site. Yesterday, the below letter was printed in a weekly publication.


Letter To The Editor

Dear Editor,

My name is xxx and I am Russian. I read your cover article about The Center’s ED and I want to tell you something about him. What you don’t know of course I had a very difficult situation in my life in 2002 year and I went to our “friendly” Community Center to make appointment for this “gentleman” so I didn’t do it but I got this telephone number and I left a few! Messages about my problem to visit and see him personally, but no way! He was too busy to see me and I met his “AID LADY” who was seeking at me look like I am a spy. Dear writer, I’ll tell you very honestly that I had a big experience about (or with?) bureaucracy in the former Soviet Union, but bureaucracy which I met at Community Center, much much bigger!! So, I will never ever go there anymore.

P.s. Sorry for my English but I’m still learning it!

I AM “AID Lady

And it just goes to show that if you don’t have both sides of the story, information is VERY misleading.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home