Thursday, May 29, 2003

I admit I have my moments. I have my moments at work where I feel so stressed out that I want to walk out the door...I have many moments which last for days...weeks even, where I feel things will never improve and I will never see or feel the rewards I should feel from being so involved with the Community. I feel overwhellmed much of the time. Then, someone hears my call...or reads my need for attention...change and support. And when I least expect it, I receive it...and a simple walk to the coffee shop, honesty, compasion, and looks in my eyes makes me feel strong and capable again. What we are doing here is for the Community...and what an important job, and place to be doing this work (San Francisco IS the OZ for gay's..it's one of the reasons I moved here). Honesty, and charm (though she say's she's not..) are Gifts she has, and I'm glad she has them..for they pull others thru hard times as well...thanks MC, you have become my friend, and I treasure you.

At a time like this...embarking on Pride month in the city people flock to for Pride festivities, I am amazed at the energy of those involved. I have such a great opportunity to interact with people who posess such talent and commitment to this Community. It's not even about the Community at this point, it's that these people are Artists...and I get to meet them, watch them, help them hang their art work, help them make their events sucessful. I get to mengle energy with these amazing people...they touch me, and my mind flows.

I am grateful for my job..and here it is...I do enjoy my job (most of the time, when I'm not being pulled limb from limb in too many directions at once). But I do enjoy being on the front line. And I support them all, which at times can be challenging...

After an evening of assisting, watching art being applied to the walls of The Center, and the main rooms being prepared for the upcomming events, I am grateful.

Grateful that people like the one's I'm fortinate to interact with exist...grateful that The Center exists...
and others should be grateful as well...

May this be the best Pride month ever (until next year of course).

LGBT people, this is YOUR month!!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home