Thursday, August 28, 2003

I'm Still Waiting...

I feel so undervalued, underappreciated and unheard at my job. Of course not from those who need my assistance- me to grant them the space required for their event, possibly give them a "break" on rates, times, or whatever I can. I do have the power, and I use it often. I do not believe others realize exactly what I do- how my job is mathematical- playing Tetris- trying to line up events so that we bring in the most revenue- how I bargain and make deals with people.

I'm still waiting for my review.
1 year, 3 months.
Again, I just want a rate INCREASE- I don't even care about the review, but isn't a review supposed to be helpful? Isn't it supposed allow my Supervisor (who has NO idea what I do) to review me, make comments and tell me how much MORE they would like me to do? Wouldn't it be beneficial for them to document such things?

Some days I am PISSED and easily annoyed because I do not feel acknowledged- LOOK at what I do, damnit- there's only 7 of us who work here- HELLO?!- Do you see me??!!!

I feel that I need to know if I will receive an increase in salary. Isn't THIS a reason people move on from job to job- in order to advance? If I will not receive an increase, I want to know so that I may plan my future accordingly. I realize the economy sucks, but I make such little money that I hardly think my request for a little more will bankrupt this place. I know I would have to work 3.5 years to make the salary some bring in within 1 year. Gimmie at least 5k and I will be a happy smiling fool. That would bring me up to 38K a year- wow- big deal- I wonder how I survive in this city- and how come I'm not a lot thinner...

Aries:
For August 28: Remain calm about upcoming events, meetings, and career issues. Marvelous things are about to unfold, and you must remain patient, considerate of others, and very, very focused. A lot is at stake right now, as you well know. Remaining calm and focused is easier said than done but essential to your success. You can only manage one thought, conversation, or deed at a time, so stop juggling. Watch your step and don't underestimate the amount of time it takes to finish one thing and start another. Force yourself to be conservative with time, money, and your energy expenditure. Sounds boring, but Rams need reminders right now to cultivate dignity and patience. Good things are heading your way. View the next three Mercury retro weeks as the perfect time to perfect plans, particularly if you're contemplating a move or job change. Luck is with you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home