Monday, July 01, 2002

The Dyke March was amazing...as it always is..
I get so emotional watching thousands upon thousands (and it gets larger every year) of women march down the street...expressing who they are. Openly, and freely...at least for a day.
To know that there is discrimination still prominent in our society is horrifying....to be aware of bashings, and to know that you are a target for bashing.
It is a challenge to look a different way..to feel a different way...to openly exist outside of the box. To know that you are "tagged" as being "deviant" because of the way you look or feel. It can be a struggle.
I look on in great admiration for those who challenge their gender "roles". And I think, thank you my sister, brother, or wherever you are in between.
I am so proud to live in a city that people can and do fight for their rights.
And we do...year by year...day by day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home