Sunday, August 25, 2002

There is a Winnebago parked outside of my house.
It's for my roommates to transport themselves to a "radical movement"...or at least that's where I think they think they are going...
ummmm....wouldn't Burning Man have been "radical" in the early 90's??
Now I think it's people who are out of touch, and not really even a real Part of the TRUE event (forgive me if you are one who has been involved all along the way).
Those who hold onto an idea of a conception that has had it's day.
Or those yuppie type folk who still try to pretend they CARE about the WORLD and those who live in it, rather than money, money, money. Why the need to go to the Desert to feel you are doing something..what about the need of those in your community..those in your neighboorhood..those in your flat...
As for my roommates, there is the (idiot) girl, who used to own her own web-business, that went down years ago..then she was project managing at a place, making a LOT of money...
When she got laid off, she said, "I could be an admin. Assistant, making 40k a year, but I'd rather slit my wrists"!
I don't even make That much money doing admin. work!
(There is a Winnebago parked outside of my house).
But she's down with the Burning Man deal... a chance to get out of the house (which I always welcome!) and sit on her ass outside of the house...how cool, to sit on your ass outside of the house for a whole week...doing nothing (after sitting on your ass INSIDE the house for almost two years)....SITTING...thinking you are being radical.
(There is a Winnebago parked outside of my house).
Then there's the (idiot) boyfriend, who is unemployed, does nothing but support the fact that his girlfriend is unemployed (you always need someone to reassure that you are doing the "right thing") and smoke pot...
(There is a Winnebago parked outside of my house).
My house is filled with supplies for Burning Man for a whole week.
Do YOU know how much food and beverage it takes to support people for a week of Burning Man???
Well I do...I've seen it...I walk around it everyday.
And tonight, they load the Winnebago and go.
I can hardly wait!!
(There is a Winnebago parked outside of my house).
Go, be on your merry way, go- sit on your ass somewhere where I don't have to see you sitting on your ass all the time doing nothing..having no responsibilities whatsoever...somewhere I don't have to see you being irresponsible with the FEW responsibilities you do have.
Go on, be gone already!

There's always the chance that they may have a break-down with the drugs...loose their minds, and never find their way back home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home