Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I am so worried and concerned for my mom as well as my sister.
Stress kills, and they both are under so much.
I recieved this email from my sister today. My mother had recently begun to utilize a Wound Vac in order to help her large chest wound heal. It seems at first it was working properly, and my mothers wound was actually starting to heal. Now..I recieve this email:

Everything was great until last night. There was a leak somewhere that I could not locate. Mom seems to think that I can work miracles and that I should know what I'm doing. Anyway, after trying to fix the leak several times, I totally lost it. Mom then called KCI (who makes the vac) and was in tears when she was telling them what was going on. Of course, I was in tears too by then.
I then tried to replace the plastic myself but the machine was still losing pressure. Just when it seemed to work, the machine said the tubing was clogged or the canister was full. Mom just changed the canister around noon and that one was pretty much empty so we knew the
canister wasn't full. The machine will not work though until you replace the canister and the canisters are not cheap. They also do not give credit for the useless ones, we asked.
I had to take everything off and go back to what we were doing. Getting that sponge out of Mom was awful. It was sticking to her skin and she was bleeding when it finally came out. They need to change her more often than they are or I guess teach me how to do it.
A guy from KCI was supposed to come to the house this morning with more canisters and to look at this machine. The only other thing he could recommend is to change to the larger machine which means Mom would not be as mobile.
Hope I'm not babbling. I'm exhausted and have a splitting headache today.
I'll email you from home later.
Love you,
Sandi



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home