Tuesday, December 09, 2003

I try...but it's hard to think about much else besides my mom and what she is going thru...as well as the stress my sister is feeling.

I spoke to my mother briefly, for she could not talk for long without caughing- and that is something she must avoid for when she caughs, that's when her wound bleeds. I told her I love her- and I will see her soon- in 10 days exactly.

Today's email from my sister:

hey Boo -
I'm getting ready to go visit Mom before I go to work. I hated leaving her last night. She was in so much pain. The doctor was going to come see her before he left about upping her meds. Also everytime she coughed a lot, the blood would come out. At one point, she went to the bathroom and started yelling for me because it started bleeding again. It bled bad like it had that morning. The nurses came and changed her and cleaned her up. To me it looked like a lot of blood but it didn't phase the nurses.
Dr Gemma came in yesterday and ordered a lot of tests and they did a chest xray. Dr Lambert, a plastic surgeon is coming in today to see if he can do anything. If he can't, Dr Gemma said he's going to send her to Charlottesville (UVA) to see what they can do to get the wound healed. UVA is the best in the state.

I pray they can do something to help so that she improves soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home